Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gartaganis in the Open and Murray in the Seniors

After a very close match with the lead changing all the time, Gartaganis has emerged and won this year CNTC over Korbel. GONGRATULATIONS!

Was a very exciting match with truly some great hands, some difficult decisions and some great plays. Too bad we had to have a losing team. A lot was said about playing 4 handed. I don't believe such stuff. I like to play all the time and when you do, you tend to miss very little. Of course you will make mistakes but then again who doesn't. My personal opinion only. I know I will be alone thinking that.

It is probably the wrong time to mention this but most of the time it was plainly the team bidding more aggressively that won IMPS. Korbel had an extremely successful 6th set by bidding everything in sight while Gartagnis did the opposite in the 7th set (if you go watch where they report the scores they have it wrong in the 6th set but it will be corrected). To tell you, don't be afraid to go down. I am sure I have gone more often in my life that I have made it!

Congratulations to the Murray team as well for winning the Seniors. I did not view nor comment this final so I have little to say about it but I am sure this was also an exciting match. Too bad we had to have a losing team, Flock, over there as well - the final score was 114-110...

Well this is my final comment. Hope everyone liked this year's CNTC. We had everything ranging from great bridge to exciting matches. Can't ask for more!

Congratulations again to:
Gartaganis winning the Open
Cimon winning the Women
Murray winning the Seniors
Liu winning the B

See you all next year but this time as a player...:)
Nick L'Ecuyer

No comments: